The position works with the Purchasing Team to manage the purchasing and forecasting functions ensuring that all necessary components needed to build sellable product within defined time frames and purchasing restraints are procured as forecasting models indicate.
* Purchase goods in a high volume, multi-site, fast paced environment and track through the KONG MRP application.
* Execute and maintain purchase orders according to forecast needs.
* Purchase assigned key categories on a regular basis.
* Collaborate and communicate via verbal and written means the needs of KONG to key suppliers in order to guide production priorities. This may require continually re-adjusting priorities to maximize efficiency and productivity.
* Develop and maintain strong relationships with cross-functional and external partners to ensure orders are issued and fulfilled in a timely manner.
* Assist internal departments by reviewing specific raw materials and finished goods needs to ensure proper inventory levels are maintained.
* Advise of vendor irregularities involving short deliveries, transit problems, supply problems or quality difficulties.
* Audit purchase orders for delivery dates and maintain contact with vendors to insure delivery of materials when promised.
* Control the inventory of assigned production parts/materials in accordance with management objectives.
* Perform administrative support, including but not limited to entering new items into Solomon, guiding product life cycle processes and cost adjustments, tracking shipments from China and maintain SKU data integrity.
* Work closely with the Quality Control department to provide feedback on any quality issues at all sites and partner with the Quality Control department to develop a plan of action for resolution.
* Collaborate with Production and Logistics (operations) to determine needs to execute special projects.
* Participate on ad hoc and/or special projects or reporting as needed.
* Other duties as assigned.